Medical Education Research Forum
The annual Henry Ford Health Medical Education Research Forum (MERF) is held in the E&R building at Henry Ford Hospital. This year's event will be held in person on May 6, 2022. All posters/presentations are from projects that are completed while authors are a trainee within Henry Ford Health, not prior to training. Research Categories are described below; click each section to view individual entries.
- Basic Science Research – research done on a more molecular level “bench research”. May include tissue samples, lab animals, microscopic assays, bacterial cultures, or other similar projects.
- Case Reports – a descriptive report of the presentation, workup, diagnosis, and/or management of an interesting or unusual case from Henry Ford Health.
- Clinical Research – research on an important topic on our patients – can be prospective or retrospective.
- Health Care Disparities – involves looking at health outcomes that may differ from one population of our patients to another. May include prospective or retrospective data, and may look at various groups.
- High Value Care – for projects focusing on cost-conscious care, with an emphasis placed on measures which help to improve patient care while decreasing waste or unnecessary or testing/medications/visits or excessive costs.
- Quality Improvement – involves looking at processes and systems of care, with an aim to improve the overall care of our patients.
- Simulation in Healthcare – projects that seek to improve performance and reduce errors in patient care through the use of simulation-based training such as human patient simulators, virtual reality, standardized patients and task trainers.
- Teaching and Education – descriptive reports of education related projects, education related research, innovative curricular reform, new teaching methods or tools (with outcomes).
- Visual Art – includes illustration/drawing, photography, painting, sculpture or any form of art that can be expressed or captured for print display. An image of the art work will be submitted and displayed during the event.
- Literature – includes poetry, drama, novel, short story.