About This Journal
The Henry Ford Hospital Medical Bulletin began publication in 1953, and was published quarterly by Henry Ford Hospital and the Edsel B. Ford Institute for Medical Research. It was meant as a venue for recording and distributing the professional activities of Henry Ford Hospital staff, residents, and alumni, as well as materials related to academic and scientific meetings and symposia hosted by Henry Ford Hospital. The journal was intended to be a broad forum for all areas of interest at Henry Ford Hospital, including clinical, research, technical, administrative, and patient care delivery. Papers covered a wide range of medical topics: review articles, research studies, case reports, and philosophical discussions, as well as abstracts of staff publications in other journals, staff biographies, and memorials. In 1967, the bulletin's name changed to the Henry Ford Hospital Medical Journal. The journal ceased publication in 1992.
On behalf of the Conrad R. Lam Archives and Sladen Library of Henry Ford Health System, this site provides free online access to archival content of the Henry Ford Hospital Medical Bulletin and Henry Ford Hospital Medical Journal. A majority of the archival content is indexed in PubMed/Medline.